keskiviikko 15. lokakuuta 2014

Sculpting

 When I started the internship I was told that I could take a part of some workshops while I'm here, since the building is full of artists so I could also try out something different. I thought about it for a while and I decided to try sculpting.


 I've been thinking about a lot lately to start practicing some sculpting because I'm really interested about doing models for movie and gaming industry so it would be fun to at least try it out (I actually would like to try everything!). And maybe one day I'm able to make some little sculptures of my favourite characters and even paint them with an airbrush! So I'm really happy that I got this opportunity.


 Downstairs when we were about to start working, I decided to try to sculpt a head using one of my paintings as a reference. I'm just glad that it's not any kind of a commission work and I don't have any deadline so I can forget about the pressure already in the beginning and just focus on learning. Christina was kind enough to help me to get the base where to start from and let me use her workplace and clay. She also let me watch some sculpting videos from Youtube so that I'd get some idea how to start building a face.
 We first took some newspaper and scrunched it into a ball shape since head needs to be hollow, otherwise it would explode in the oven. Then I added some ''layers'' on it and little my little tried to shape it into a skull, and I just was thankful for all the 3D lessons and some drawing tutorials that I have seen that I was able to imagine it 3-dimensionally in my mind. Maybe not perfectly, but at least it was a start. Then I saw from the video that they actually drew some guidelines on the clay to see where eyes, nose and mouth would go. Just like how you would do when you start drawing a face. Piece after piece it started to look like a face. I didn't finish it though, but I'll continue it later. :)


...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti