torstai 4. joulukuuta 2014

Sculpture FINISHED

I've been sculpting this week now for few days and it's finally finished! (Or well, almost.) It just needs firing and glaze anymore and then it's ready for the exhibiton. I added an ear to my sculpture which was super hard to do. I needed to look up a reference image of an ear to be able to imagine it three dimensionally. And I also finished the hair! Like I earlier suspected, it needed lots of clay, and for that reason I also had to make the neck thicker to be able to support that much of weight. Hair also has some texture on it and I tried to sculpt it in a way so it looks a bit to be in a motion. Also because neck alone is not enough to hold up that head's weight, I also did a bit of the shoulders. The sculpture isnt looking directly in front but is tilted a bit on a side, makes it more interesting to look at. I also carved a bit lashes to upper eyelid! I heard also some feedback. People here really like it and thinks it looks good. Always warms heart to hear positive feedback :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti