lauantai 20. joulukuuta 2014

Promotional video

This week's task has been doing a promotional video for Flameworks. My boss wanted me to use the Kickstarter one as a base, just edit out the bits about the education room and the kickstarter rewards. That was quickly done. But of course the video itself wasn't finished yet. The audio sounded like it ended all of the sudden so we needed to record a new bit to monologue, as ending words.

We met at Roger's house, the man who's voice we were recording, and first we talked about what should be mentioned in the end. From all of that he wrote down the idea and read it out loud to check if he got it all and if it was okay. After we agreed about the script, we started the recording itself. My boss showed me how to do it and it looks fairly easy so it all was done pretty quickly.

My real fight started when I had to start editing the audio bits. The audio that we recorded didn't sound the same as the audio we used for kickstarter and I myself had absolutely no idea what should I do to the audio to make it sound even close to the original. I spent two days watching and readin different tutorials how to edit audio, especially monologues and such with Adobe Audition. I tried so many different things, even some that I had no idea what it did to the audio and I wasn't successful. It still didn't sound the same. But when I got it to sound somewhat close to the original, I stopped editing and rendered out the video since I was running out of time.

The video is now on YouTube waiting to be published. My boss sounded happy that I finished the video but I myself think that someone else should still check the audio if it's possible to make it sound exactly the same.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti